I think it’s fair to say that, despite STILL having to de-ice my car this morning, it is officially Spring now, right?
And I couldn’t be more relieved. I’m over eating winter food for another year, over de-icing everything in living sight, and most definitely over wearing chunky knits, ankle boots and seven hundred strategically placed layers.
Which probably explains the overwhelming urge I’ve got to go on a wardrobe purge/new clothes binge IMMEDIATELY. And also because, you know, Spring fashion is good this year; for once it feels like it’s attainable – and, for the most part, 99.9% of what’s currently in fashion now has already been in fashion at least once, if not two or three times before – so you’ve probably got the basics for this year covered.
The only key thing that sticks out about this year is that lilac seems to be the accent colour shining through. Whether you love it or hate it, you can’t escape it this season. Personally, I doubt I’ll be wearing it much when it comes to clothing, but lilac nails, shoes and bags? Yes, yes, yes. I need you all.
Here are a few of the things I’ll be looking to add to my wardrobe over the coming weeks:
1. That New Look clutch bag. YES on so many levels. Not that I use clutch bags more than approximately 4 times a year these days, but that is not important. At all.
2. Because I’m ever the optimist, there is a bikini on the wish list this year. This one is from M&S, a shop I’ve recently discovered I spend a disproportionate amount of time in. Is it because they’ve upped their game in all areas of style? Or is it because I’m not actually 21 anymore, despite what my brain regularly tells me? Who knows. Who even CARES when the stuff is this good.
3. If I buy just one thing from this list it will 100% be this skirt, from Next. The shape and length are perfect and it’s one of those rare items that I can genuinely see being a wardrobe staple that can be worn all year round.
4. I’m struggling with my addiction to gold jewellery at the moment. I’m literally drowning in the stuff. So it’s no surprise that this little gem from Z for Accessorize made it onto my wish list. And maybe then made it into the shopping cart. And is maybe winging its way to me as we speak.
5. I’m loving jackets at the moment. And I’m aware I’m majorly late to the party with the whole jacket thing, but there’s something about this little number from Primark (obviously) that is calling out to me. Again, is it my age?!
6. Anyone else still loving the whole illusion skirt trend? Good, me too. Because I’m hoping to wear this on the holiday that I’m holding out for at some point this year. Knowing me, I will probably wreck it with fake tan/food/drink/nail varnish/all of the above within three hours of owning it, but seeing as it’s another Primark number I will more than likely just buy two anyway.
7. I’ve got a weird obsession with blouses/oversized vests like this one (which if from F&F, btw) at the moment. I don’t know why either, it’s just something that has magically happened over night – much like the M&S/jacket obsession. But, again, this would be a great piece to add to a holiday wardrobe to cover up on the beach/wear for a casual day sight seeing (see, positive holiday vibes are in full force: HINT HINT HUSBAND).