Can you actually believe we’re just ONE MONTH away from Christmas now?! No matter how old I am, I always get excited about Christmas. And more to the point, what might end up under my Christmas tree. This year, it’s all about the home for me. Even though I have about 50 million cushions already and so many photo frames that I’ve had to box some up and put them in storage, there’s always room for more in my eyes.
Homeware doesn’t always come cheap though, does it. And I’m loathe to spend too much money on the little things for my house when my tastes change so frequently (seriously, it’s an actual problem). So this year I’m searching for things that are easy on the eye and the wallet. If you are too (and you happen to like animals – because apparently I have an obsession I wasn’t even aware of) then here are my five favourite products under £50…
1. If anything from this list makes it under my tree this year then PLEASE let it be these vintage plates. They’re only £14 for a set of four from BHS (hello Secret Santa, you know it would make sense). Need I say more?!
2. I love, love, love a good throw. On the sofa, on the bed, on random chairs – no surface that can be sat or laid on in my house is officially complete without one. But most of the decent ones come at a hefty price – one that’s too much to justify when I know they’ll only end up covered in cat hair or, um, biscuit crumbs. This beauty, however, is perfect – not only is the style completely to my taste (stripes? Check. Mint green? Check) but it’s also only £16 at the moment in the Darwin’s Home sale. Okay, so technically speaking it’s actually a towel, but that’s a minor detail in my book (and let me tell you, none of my bath towels have ever looked that glam). Darwin’s Home is a relatively new place on my radar when it comes to homeware, but one that’s definitely worth checking out – everything on the site is made from sustainable materials, meaning it’s all environmentally friendly. The majority of the products on the site are made in Europe, and any that aren’t are made according to the Fair Trade Charters.
3. I can’t even tell you how long I’ve been searching for the perfect stag’s head. Not that there’s anywhere in my current house to actually put one, but you know, things like that just don’t stop me when I’m on a mission. I adore this one, which is a mere £45 from Marks and Spencer. If you’re shopping for Christmas presents in M&S this year then keep your eye out for the offer they’re currently running to get up to £10 off a £40 shop on all homeware and clothing.
4. Am I the only one who secretly enjoys it when someone buys me Christmas decorations for presents?! This year I’ve got a real thing for mercuried silver. And I’ve LONG been obsessed with letters. These are from Next and only a mere £8, so they might actually end up on my tree as opposed to under them if I get my way.
5. Aside from throws, cushions are my actual obsession. It’s a running joke in my house that you have to wade through the cushions to find a place to sit on the sofa. As if that’ll stop me buying a few more before the year is out though – especially if they’re this cute. I love the simplicity of this hare cushion, which at £25 is quite reasonable for House of Fraser.